+

+ Navigate

+ Filter

 

Chewed Up & Spat Out



(click to enlarge)
The Meanwood Beck, aka 'Masticator' has been on my list forever, but somehow I've never got around to doing it, so when Matt suggested an evening stroll I couldn't say no. For me this was about the open sections just as much as the culverted sections. There's a certain industrial romanticism about an engineered waterway winding its way through an urban setting.The visit consisted of a speedy walk along the beck, roughly two miles to the outfall. Plenty of fun with smoke bombs, sparklers, rockets and Thermite, before a slightly more leisurely walk back along the beck to the cars. Due to my impatience, high ISO was the order of the day. I didn't get as many shots as I would have liked, so no doubt I'll be returning some day.


(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We think of those nights spent with one or more friends, nights when we merged with the shadows and could see the world with eyes that were not our own.


Whipplesnaith - The Night Climbers of Cambridge (1937)
 
jazzywheelz on Flickr jazzywheelz on 500px jazzywheelz on YouTube
hidden
Email jazzywheelz